Can you be too frugal? Where do you draw the line between frugality and cheap? Is there a danger in being too cheap? There is a fine line that a small portion of the American population walks when it comes to frugality. The news is full of people drowning in credit card and other debts, but they miss the other side of the equation.
There are also people who take frugality to an entirely different level. We all probably know someone like that. We’ve witnessed people who drive across town to save money on gas, budget their grocery spending down to the penny, or even people who take unethical steps to stretch their money each month.
Of course, not all frugality is bad. We all need a little frugalness in our lives. But, how do we become frugal if we’ve missed the boat?
Can You Be Too Frugal?
In this episode of the Money Q&A podcast, “Your Money: Your Choices”, I interview Gary Forman who is the editor of The Dollar Stretcher. Since 1996, Gary and The Dollar Stretcher have been helping readers learn how to be frugal and take their frugality to the next level. During the interview, I pick Gary’s brain and try and find out if you can indeed become too frugal. What’s the difference between frugality and being miserly? Is there a danger in being too frugal? Make sure to check out the episode and find out.
Take back control of your finances!
Get a FREE checklist for the money moves to make in the New Year.
Also get new articles, advice, and tips delivered right in your email inbox with our newsletter!
More About The “Your Money: Your Choices” Podcast
Roth IRAs, CDs, stocks, insurance, your 401K . . .what are the right choices for your financial future? “Your Money: Your Choices“ will clear out the cobwebs and confusion surrounding these concepts and more with clear and concise information. You’ll hear tips and tools that you can put into action right now to help save your hard earned income in way that will protect your future for a healthy retirement. Whether you are a single mom or a father of five, “Your Money: Your Choices” will get you on track and put your money back in your control where it belongs!
Past Episodes Of “Your Money Your Choices”
- Episode #17 (9-15-13) – How Not To Buy Cat Food When You Don’t Own A Cat
- Episode #16 (9-2-13) – Put Your Money Through Boot Camp – Soldier Of Finance By Jeff Rose
- Episode #15 (8-26-13) – What Young Adults Need To Know About Money When Just Starting Out
- Episode #14 (8-19-13) – How To Make Money Investing Like College Endowments
- Episode #13 (8-12-13) – Money Conversations Parents Must Have With Their College Freshmen
- Episode #12 (8-5-13) – Don’t Hide Your Head In The Sand When Planning For Retirement
- Episode #11 (7-29-13) – Investing In Gold For Your Retirement Accounts
- Episode #10 (7-15-13) – Interview With Gary Vaynerchuk & Getting Through Burning Out
- Episode #9 (6-24-13) – What Is Your Magic Retirement Number?
- Episode #8 (6-10-13) – Life Insurance Policies That You Do Not Need
- Episode #7 (5-20-13) – Why Everyone Needs To Have A Will And An Estate Plan
- Episode #6 (5-6-13) – Increase Your Investment Return With Peer-To-Peer Lending
- Episode #5 (4-22-13) – Living Your Life And Completing Your Bucket List
- Episode #4 (4-8-13) – How To Incorporate Your Values Into Financial Planning
- Episode #3 (3-18-13) – You Need A Side Hustle To Earn Extra Income
- Episode #2 (3-4-13) – Conquering Your Debt With The Debt Movement
- Episode #1 (2-18-13) – Everyone Should Be An Entrepreneur