Did you know that we have a podcast? Hank Coleman from Money Q&A is proud to be the co-host of the MilMoney Movement Podcast. We’re already on Episode 11. Be sure to subscribe to the podcast and check out all of the other episodes!
In Episode 11 of the Military Money Movement Podcast, Lacey Langford and Hank Coleman talk to Brian Barnes, the founder of the free automated investing platform, M1 Finance. Investing can strike fear in the hearts of far too many. But, it doesn’t have to!
Be sure to check out Money Q&A’s full review of M1 Finance!
Behind the Scenes of Free Automated Investing with M1 Finance Founder Brian Barnes
Investing can strike fear in the hearts and minds of way too many. But according to our MilMoney Movement Podcast guest today, that doesn’t need to be the case. In this episode, we talk with Brian Barnes, founder of M1 Finance. M1 Finance is a free automated online investing platform.
What makes their investing platform unique is that they make investing simpler, more convenient and cost-effective by helping you build an investment portfolio instead of trading stocks. And they do it all for free. In Episode 11 of the Military Money Movement Podcast, Lacey Langford and Hank Coleman talk to Brian Barnes, the founder of the free automated investing platform, M1 Finance.
In this episode we talk about:
- How M1 Finance works and makes money
- The pies they provide to help you pick investments
- Learning and gaining your investing fluency
- Building good financial habits in investing
- How to build your investing confidence
- Types of investing accounts available at M1 Finance
If you are getting started in investing or want to take your investments to the next level be sure to check out this episode. Brian Barnes shares a wealth of knowledge to empower you to manage your money and build wealth with ease.
Additional Segments of the MilMoney Movement Podcast
Episode 11 Game Time
This week’s Game Time is money trivia. We won’t spoil the winner. But we do have some money trivia to clear up. The first woman to ever appear of U.S. currency was Martha Washington (Lacey was right). She appeared on silver certificates in the 1880s. Hank and Brian were right that Sacagawea and Susan B. Anthony were also on currency but it wasn’t until after Martha Washington.
What’s on Lacey’s Mind
This week it’s tipping. How do other people tip? Lacey must know!
Question: Is Lacey right or is Hank right? Did you hear lettuce wraps or leather straps? Let us know in the comments.
Links from Episode 11
- Money Q&A Article on M1 Finance
- Definition of Payment For Order Flow
- Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari
- Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow by Yuval Noah Harari
- The Little Book of Valuation by Aswath Damodaran
- What’s a PE Ratio
- Aswath Damodaran YouTube Channel
More About Brian Barnes and M1 Finance
Best piece of advice Brian has you ever received:
“Listen more than you talk. You have two ears and one mouth and should use them in that proportion.” —Brian’s Mom
Thank You for Podcast Reviews!
We appreciate your review of Military Money Movement Podcast on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, iHeart Radio and Stitcher. It helps us make this podcast better and better. Plus it helps other people find us.
Listen and subscribe to the podcast here…
Connect With Us
- Subscribe to the Military Money Movement Podcast on Apple or Android
- Subscribe to Money Q&A, Military Side Hustles + The Military Money Expert™?
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel, Hank & Lacey
- Follow us on Twitter: MilMoney Movement, Hank & Lacey
- Follow us on Instagram: MilMoney Movement, Hank & Lacey
- Follow us on Facebook: MilMoney Movement, Hank & Lacey
These show notes may contain links to our affiliate products or services which means we might get compensation when you click or buy. That said, we are only going to put affiliate links that are in line with our podcast discussion.