According to the Employee Benefit Research Institute, only 42% of Americans have tried to calculate how much money they will need to save for retirement. Most of us have no idea what our retirement number that we need to save during our working life even is. It could be $1 million, $2 million, even much more. To make matters worse, only 14% of Americans feel confident that they will have enough saved by the time they reach retirement age for all of their needs in their Golden Years.
Join us as I talk to Todd Tresidder, who is a personal finance blogger and financial planner who specializes in retirement planning. He has written the book, “How Much Money Do I Need To Retire” and is the publisher of the popular website, Financial Mentor. You won’t want to miss this great conversation where we dissect how much money you need to have for a nice retirement as well as why your financial planning assumptions may not be the most sound as you are planning your investments and how much to save. We also talk about how to find that ever elusive magical retirement number.
Interview With Credit Karma’s Bethy Hardeman
Additionally, I interview Bethy Hardeman from Credit Karma. If you are not familiar with Credit Karma, I’d highly recommend that you check out their service. Credit Karma provides you with a totally free credit score. You do not have to input your credit card information or anything like that. It is actually, really absolutely free. Credit Karma also offers free credit monitoring and now account monitoring where you can receive daily email notifications if there are any important changes to your credit report. You can also receive free notifications about all of your account balances, upcoming bills, excess fees that you might have paid and could have avoided, and much more.
Roth IRAs, CDs, stocks, insurance, your 401K . . .what are the right choices for your financial future? Your Money: Your Choices will clear out the cobwebs and confusion surrounding these concepts and more with clear and concise information. You’ll hear tips and tools that you can put into action right now to help save your hard earned income in way that will protect your future for a healthy retirement. Whether you are a single mom or a father of five, “Your Money: Your Choices” will get you on track and put your money back in your control where it belongs!
Take back control of your finances!
Get a FREE checklist for the money moves to make in the New Year.
Also get new articles, advice, and tips delivered right in your email inbox with our newsletter!
Things you should do right after listening:
- Check out the financial calculators on Todd’s website, Financial Mentor, like his Ultimate Retirement Calculator
- See how your credit score stacks up on Credit Karma
Past Episodes Of “Your Money Your Choices”
- Episode #8 (6-10-13) – Life Insurance Policies That You Do Not Need
- Episode #7 (5-20-13) – Why Everyone Needs To Have A Will And An Estate Plan
- Episode #6 (5-6-13) – Increase Your Investment Return With Peer-To-Peer Lending
- Episode #5 (4-22-13) – Living Your Life And Completing Your Bucket List
- Episode #4 (4-8-13) – How To Incorporate Your Values Into Financial Planning
- Episode #3 (3-18-13) – You Need A Side Hustle To Earn Extra Income
- Episode #2 (3-4-13) – Conquering Your Debt With The Debt Movement
- Episode #1 (2-18-13) – Everyone Should Be An Entrepreneur