The Best Prepaid Debit And Credit Cards Available
The best prepaid credit cards and prepaid debt cards both provide cardholders with a wide range of benefits. The best prepaid credit cards and prepaid debit cards have little to no fees, direct deposit, ATM privileges, no credit checks, and other features. This is what makes them the best prepaid credit cards for consumers. Below are some of the best prepaid credit cards and prepaid debt cards that Money Q&A recommends.
Best Prepaid Credit Cards and Prepaid Debit Cards Available
PayPal Prepaid Debit Card (Click to Apply)
Get paid up to 2 days faster with no-cost direct deposit with the PayPal™ Prepaid MasterCard®. Reload the debit card account at any of more than 130,000 NetSpend Reload Network locations. (Fee may apply, check with the location.)
Link your card to a PayPal Account for full access to account functionality and features. Enjoy protection from unauthorized purchases with your PayPal™ Prepaid MasterCard® by the MasterCard Zero Liability Policy and real-time alerts notify you of transactions and balances.
Also, your funds are FDIC-insured through The Bancorp Bank. With the PayPal Debit Card, there are no late fees and no overdraft charges. You can earn cash back rewards from your favorite stores and restaurants, and you can access an optional savings account—FDIC-insured and currently offering a 5.00% APY.
Don't Miss a Single Blog Post
Sign up for our FREE newsletter
Get new articles, advice, tips, and money hacks delivered right in your email inbox!
- Real-time mobile alerts notify you of transactions and balances.
- Free direct deposit – get your paycheck and government benefits up to 2 days faster.
- Instantly transfer money from your PayPal Account to your PayPal Prepaid MasterCard®!
- No credit check, overdraft fees or interest charges.
- Get cash back rewards.
- Safer than carrying cash – use it to pay for everyday purchases.
RushCard (Click to Apply)
Prepaid Visa® Classic RushCard is a prepaid Visa debit card. You can only spend what you deposit, so there are no costly overdraft or interest fees. It’s an easy-to-use and convenient alternative to credit cards and traditional banking without all of the worry of going into debt or overdrawing your account.
Many “free” checking accounts allow you to spend more than you have in your account and then charge you overdraft or NSF fees that can exceed $30. With RushCard, you can only spend what is on your card so you’ll never be charged costly overdraft fees.
Avoid high interest charges and the danger of falling into debt. With RushCard there are no hidden fees or interest charges so you can enjoy the convenience of worldwide acceptance and protect yourself against overspending.
Have your paycheck, tax refund, or government benefits direct deposited to your RushCard and never pay costly check cashing or overdraft fees again. Track spending and get instant access to your balance, deposit, and recent transaction information online or on your mobile phone.
If you need to speak with someone, RushCard’s FREE customer service is available 24/7. RushCard makes budgeting easy. No more holding onto receipts. No more clumsy spreadsheets. With RushCard’s powerful online money tools, you always know where and how much you’re spending.
- Enroll in Direct Deposit and get your pay up to two days early. *Certain restrictions apply. See card site for details.
- Choose from multiple fee plan options, and switch for free.
- Transfer money to another RushCard member for just $0.99.
- No overdraft fees.
- Your money is covered by Visa Zero Liability protection. *Certain restrictions apply. See card site for details.
AccountNow Prepaid Visa (Click to Apply)
Control Prepaid MasterCard (Click to Apply)
When BET and NetSpend agreed to create the Control Prepaid MasterCard®, they knew it had to be more than just a standard debit card. So they specifically designed it to help you manage all aspects of your money. Successfully controlling your finances can be the difference between getting by and getting ahead.
- Use Direct Deposit – get your paycheck or government benefits check up to 2 days faster
- Refill a Prepaid Phone using your Control card – Get $1 back each time you add $25 or more.
- Simple fee plan with no cost to order or activate a card and no overdraft fees
- Qualify for a $10 Purchase Cushion and $5/month fee plan after a Direct Deposit of $500 in one calendar month
- Earn Cash Back Rewards & Refer A Friend bonuses
- Free Bill Pay and online budget management tools
- Transfer money to other cardholders online or with your mobile phone
- Free Smartphone App – check your transactions, balance and find the closest reload location
Note: These are affiliate links to the best prepaid credit cards and prepaid debit cards listed above.