After I graduated from college, I swore that I would never eat ramen noodles again. I cannot even imagine having planned so poorly for retirement that people must buy cat food to survive. But, that’s the subtitle of Mary Kelly’s new book, “Money Smart – How Not To Buy Cat Food When You Don’t Have A Cat“, which is aimed at young Americans in their 20s and 30s who are just starting out in their career.
Money Smart – How Not To Buy Cat Food When You Don’t Have A Cat
Her book is an easy read to help put these age groups on the right track so that they will never have to eat cat food during their Golden Years in retirement when they don’t have a cat. Mary’s book covers the basics for the younger generation and gives them concrete steps to learn how to start saving money, creating a spending plan, investing for retirement and other financial goals, when to buy a house, how to manage their credit, and so much more.
In this episode of the Money Q&A podcast, “Your Money: Your Choices”, I interview Mary Kelly about her new book, “Money Smart – How Not To Buy Cat Food When You Don’t Have A Cat“. We talk about personal finances and retirement for the younger crowd, those in their 20s and 30s, who are just starting out in their lives. We also delve into how we as parents are failing out children to a certain degree and also how our school systems are not doing much better jobs teaching our children about personal finance. It’s a great episode, and you won’t want to miss it.
Take back control of your finances!
Get a FREE checklist for the money moves to make in the New Year.
Also get new articles, advice, and tips delivered right in your email inbox with our newsletter!
More About The “Your Money: Your Choices” Podcast
Roth IRAs, CDs, stocks, insurance, your 401K . . .what are the right choices for your financial future? “Your Money: Your Choices“ will clear out the cobwebs and confusion surrounding these concepts and more with clear and concise information. You’ll hear tips and tools that you can put into action right now to help save your hard earned income in way that will protect your future for a healthy retirement. Whether you are a single mom or a father of five, “Your Money: Your Choices” will get you on track and put your money back in your control where it belongs!
Past Episodes Of “Your Money Your Choices”
- Episode #16 (9-2-13) – Put Your Money Through Boot Camp With Soldier Of Finance By Jeff Rose
- Episode #15 (8-26-13) – What Young Adults Need To Know About Money When Just Starting Out
- Episode #14 (8-19-13) – How To Make Money Investing Like College Endowments
- Episode #13 (8-12-13) – Money Conversations Parents Must Have With Their College Freshmen
- Episode #12 (8-5-13) – Don’t Hide Your Head In The Sand When Planning For Retirement
- Episode #11 (7-29-13) – Investing In Gold For Your Retirement Accounts
- Episode #10 (7-15-13) – Interview With Gary Vaynerchuk & Getting Through Burning Out
- Episode #9 (6-24-13) – What Is Your Magic Retirement Number?
- Episode #8 (6-10-13) – Life Insurance Policies That You Do Not Need
- Episode #7 (5-20-13) – Why Everyone Needs To Have A Will And An Estate Plan
- Episode #6 (5-6-13) – Increase Your Investment Return With Peer-To-Peer Lending
- Episode #5 (4-22-13) – Living Your Life And Completing Your Bucket List
- Episode #4 (4-8-13) – How To Incorporate Your Values Into Financial Planning
- Episode #3 (3-18-13) – You Need A Side Hustle To Earn Extra Income
- Episode #2 (3-4-13) – Conquering Your Debt With The Debt Movement
- Episode #1 (2-18-13) – Everyone Should Be An Entrepreneur